Sunday, April 9, 2017

Recent personal works 2017

I've only completed two works for myself this year so far, but they were both time intensive and fun.
The first was this Prismacolor drawing, 11x14, on Strathmore tan toned paper. My camera blew out the oranges a little bit, but this photo is mostly true to the original. I worked hard to make this drawing more painterly and complete than my usual commissioned drawings. I love the contrast of the blue curtains with all the warm tones in the figure.


 Here are two detail photos of the drawing, though the face close up was taken before the drawing was complete. I wish the freckles were more visible in the final version.


I love how bright and luminescent the shirt is, and I especially love the colors in the hands. Again, the orange is a little exaggerated by my camera.




My second work was drawn in Copic and Prismacolor marker on white sketchbook paper, 11x14.
Not everything turned out as I wanted, but for the most part it turned out good.

 
The large flower isn't perfect, but I love the intricate details of the stems and leaves around it.


  Here is a close-up of the figure.






No comments:

Post a Comment