Monday, January 13, 2014

Archives-3D

Ceramics and sculpture are not my usual forte, but I wanted to record these few pieces I recently found from classes I took years ago, in both high school and college. Sadly, there were several other pieces that I forgot to photograph before they were gone forever.

This first one was completed in college. I love the idea of it, I just wish I had thought through some parts a little more thoroughly. If I redid this today, I think I might dress the figures in robes or something more interesting. This is clay, spray painted with silver paint and black acrylic paint, mounted on wood. It is meant to be hung on the wall.

ceramic approx. 2x15x20"





















These are two masks that I made in my high school ceramics class. I loved both of them, but I had no where to put them, so they're no longer around.


Rafia, leather, acrylic paint, clay. 1995?




















This sculpture is (I think) made of sculpie? and mounted on wood. It is meant to be reminiscent of a yin yang- but depicts two people embracing.
The white sculpture itself is about 3"tall, and 5" across.


3x5" sculpie. 1997



















Here is a side view of the same piece.




No comments:

Post a Comment